Sunday 28 July 2013

Music for 10th. Sunday after Pentecost -Gradual 'Custodi Me'

 
 
 
 
Thanks to Leutgeb for alerting me last Sunday to this piece of chant from today's Mass (10th. Sunday after Pentecost , Usus Antiquior ; 15th. Sunday in Ordinary Time, Years A&C, Usus Recentior.). It is, of course, the same verse and response used at Compline, frm which my blog title is taken.
 
Custódi me, Dómine, ut pupíllam óculi: sub umbra alárum tuárum prótege me.
Vs. De vultu tuo judícium meum pródeat: óculi tui vídeant æquitátem.
Keep me, O Lord, as the apple of your eye; shield me under the shadow of your wings.
Vs. Let judgment in my favour come forth from your presence; may your eyes discern what is right.


There is a rather better version of the chant here, but I wasn't able to upload the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...