Sunday 3 July 2016

Inspiring Hymn




I heard this hymn (which I assume is of Anglican patrimony) recently when watching 'Songs of Praise' while in hospital. When going through a time of difficulty and suffering, the words are inspirational, reminding us that we are not Christians in order to have a comfortable, easy time, but often need to follow the tough, challenging road through life in order for our souls to grow and develop. After all, we were baptised into Christ's Passion and death in order that we might hopefully share His Resurrection, and sometimes it is necessary to walk with Him on the road to Calvary.

Please pray for me, and more so, pray for all those on the world who are going through much greater tribulation and suffering that that which I experienced during my recent illness.

Father, for the sake of Christ's sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us, and on the whole world.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...